The Rotary Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that supports the efforts of Rotary International to achieve world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs. It is supported solely by voluntary contributions from Rotarians and friends of the Foundation who share its vision of a better world.
The mission of The Rotary Foundation (TRF) is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
The Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation supported solely by voluntary contributions from Rotarians and friends of the Foundation who share its vision of a better world.
These donations are used for many different types of projects.
- 50% of the donations you and your club make to the Annual-Share program are returned to your District 6710 through the funds cycle. District grants fund smaller, short-term activities that address needs in both your local community and communities worldwide. Each district gets to choose which activities it will fund with these grants.
- 50% of the donations you and your club make to the Annual-Share remain with The Rotary Foundation for Global Grants. Global grants support large international activities with sustainable, measurable outcomes in one or more of the six areas of focus. Your club is eligible to participate in Global Grants with other Rotarians around the world.
The six areas of focus are:
- Water and Sanitation
- Maternal and Child Care
- Basic Education and Literacy
- Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
- Economic and Community Development